Sunday, May 4, 2008

bruised sole

Everyone knows your foot can get hurt. You stub your toe, drop something heavy on it, etc. But, what I never realized is that it is possible to bruise your sole. My soles can handle miles of running, walking all over the city, or dancing in heels, so what could hurt them? Apparently, falling up the subway stairs does the trick.

When I realized the train I was going to take to work today wasn't running, I headed for the stairs to get to another train. That's when I fell- up the stairs. Fortunately no one was around, but I scraped up my hand and bruised the sole of my foot. I'm still not sure how it happened.

So, my first time falling on subway stairs was this morning. My second time falling on subway stairs was also this morning. Coming home from work (short training shift), I was carrying boxes for moving and thinking about how I fell earlier and how much my foot hurt when I fell going up the stairs again! There was one other person there that time, so I was considerably more embarrassed. I hope this ends my career of subway stair falling.

No comments: