Monday, May 24, 2010

One Year Anniversary


On May 23, 2009, Michael and I said our vows and became husband and wife. Yesterday, we celebrated our first anniversary. It was a wonderful anniversary weekend. On Saturday, we went to the zoo together and enjoyed seeing the new polar bear exhibit (polar bears are one of my favorite animals).
We also bought a treadmill, and spent half an hour trying to finagle it into the house. It still has yet to make it the basement, which is supposed to be its permanent home. I put it to the test though with a 14 mile run, and the treadmill and I both survived.

For dinner, we tried out a Greek restaurant just up the street that we've been wanting to go to for a while. They had flaming Saganaki, which alone would make me want to return, but the gyro and lamb kabobs were also tasty.

On Sunday morning, I made pancakes for us, and we exchanged cards. Turns out we both purchased Papyrus cards from different Targets last Friday and almost bought the same one. A year in, and we're already thinking alike. We went to church and the grocery store like we always do on Sundays, but in the afternoon we went to see Date Night, which we both thought was funny and appropriate for an anniversary movie. Michael made reservations at Akai Hana for dinner, where we devoured a party boat of sushi. Yum!

The activities were great, but it was the conversation and company that really made this weekend special. I love you, babe!

3 comments:

Rebecca Lang said...

I can't believe it's been a year! Congratulations. I hope they keep getting better and better.

Ljenks01 said...

Happy Anniversary to you both

Celia said...

How crazy is it that it's been a year since we all did the robot in Arizona? Really crazy, that's what!! Wishing you wonderful people all the best--love you guys!

PS: Laura has seriously got me craving Juniors now.