Friday, July 9, 2010

Dreams and Cravings

No, I'm not pregnant. Okay, now that that's out of the way. A while back, I was totally stuck on pancakes. I made pancakes almost everyday for two weeks. I would eat them for breakfast, lunch, or snacks. I probably would have had them for dinner if Michael was up for it. I finally got over my pancake craving, but I've moved on to pudding. There was a pack of vanilla pudding at the house where I'm nannying this summer. I ate them all the first week of work, bought a replacement pack for them and ended up eating most of those too. Last night, I decided to make my own so I would stop cleaning out my employer. I was really happy with how it turned out, especially as it was my first time making pudding from scratch. Hopefully this craving doesn't last too much longer. If only I could move on to something like spinach or carrot sticks.

I don't know if it's all the pudding I've been eating, all the fiction I've been reading, or just another exciting night of sleep, but I had a dream the other night that the world was ending because of some crazy bet that Zeus made with Snape (kind of like God and Satan's deal with Job.). I think it was all going to end well though because Spider-man was there rescuing kids and stopping floods. I woke up before I knew for sure, but I would bet that your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man saved the day.

3 comments:

Krista said...

Amber, this is pretty much one of my favorite blog posts ever...so much so that I might even give you QOTD for part of it! And your first sentence did answer my first question...

Celia said...

If only I could catch on to craving carrots, too! The pudding fix sounds lovely, though--what about tapioca the next time around?

I also miss your crazy dream reports on those packed L rides in the city. My favorite being where you competed with Mark on who had the most babies, haha!

The Owl Diary said...

I hate when I have unexplainable food cravings. And your dream sounds too funny-- I actually enjoy crazy dreams like that. They're much better than nightmares. I hope you are doing absolutely wonderful!