Friday, November 18, 2011

Xiǎo Jiǎozi (Little Dumpling)

First, the amazing, awesome, exciting news - there is a half-Asian bun in my oven! Yep, that's right, people, I am pregnant.
Baby Yuen aka "Dumpling"
Next, let me answer a few FAQs:
  1. When are you due? May 31, 2012
  2. Will you find out what you're having? Yes, in January. And yes, we will let you know.
  3. Do you have a name picked out? Not yet, but it will be a secret anyway.
  4. How have you been feeling? Fortunate, excited, blessed... and very lucky not to have any nausea! I have had days where I get VERY tired, and I get up about three times a night to go to the bathroom, but I have otherwise had a pretty easy time of it so far. (Please don't hate me!)
  5. Was this expected/were you planning it? Yes, very much so. It took longer than either of us expected, but I know it has happened in God's perfect timing. Though I struggled with patience, I also prayed continuously throughout the process and trusted God and His plan for our family. That did not always make it easier, but it gave me peace, hope, and joy when I otherwise would have felt lost and alone. As in all my struggles in life, I can see how God used this to draw me closer to Him and build my trust and faith in Him. Additionally, this experience has helped my marriage grow and mature as well. We are both really looking forward to this next chapter of our lives.
I would be more than happy to answer any other questions you might have. Ask away...



3 comments:

Unknown said...

yay!!!!! congrats you guys :)

Pam said...

Congratulations to you both!

Ali said...

I love babies. And I really really love half-Asian babies.