Monday, February 18, 2008

TAG (Thanks to Berrylicious)

TAG Rules:
The rules of the game are posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 4 people, and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged, and asking them to read your blog.

1. 10 years ago I was........
17 years old, a junior in high school, dating my second boyfriend whom I dated until freshman year of college, working at Kumon math & reading center where I tutored kids in math, playing volleyball on weekends with my high school crew, going to parties, taking AP classes, working on the yearbook, applying to be editor for senior year, driving my sweet Toyota Celica convertible, living at our awesome two story house w/ pool in north Scottsdale, probably starting to think about college and the future... it was so long ago

2. 5 things on my "to do" list today
-write my digital media paper, which I successfully put off all weekend and is due tomorrow night.
-meet some friends at Alice's Tea Cup to celebrate a birthday and go shopping
-run 2 miles (which I will probably put off until tomorrow)
-take a shower
-that takes up most of the rest of the day. I had "go to the eye doctor" on my to do list today, but I already tried to do that (see earlier post)

3. Things I would do if I became a billionaire
- tithe
- give lots away to charity, probably things like Food for the Hungry and World Vision
- pay off school loans and next year of grad school
- buy a cool apartment in Manhattan, probably in West Village
- pay off my parents' debts and for the rest of my brother's college
- invest
- save
- pay for my wedding
- travel the world
- buy a house in the country and fill it with dogs and kids and horses (in the stables, of course)
- buy a new car for me and one for Michael
- do I have any left now? Keep giving, investing and saving for the future

4. 3 of my bad habits
- multi-tasking while on the phone instead of really listening. Sorry!
- starting to say something and then not going anywhere with it
- answering for other people who are right there

5. 5 places I've lived
- Brooklyn, NY (1 apt., 1 dorm room)
- Tempe, AZ (3 dorm rooms, 1 apt., 2 houses)
- Phoenix, AZ (1 apt.)
- Scottsdale, AZ (3 houses)
- Mesa, AZ (1 condo)

6. 5 jobs I've had
- intern at Random House
- high school English teacher & yearbook adviser
- program manager for KidZone (before/after school program)
- waitress at Johnny Rockets & my dad's restaurant (where I also was a hostess)
- GAP sales associate
- I also worked at an ice cream shop in Newport Beach, CA, in a smoothie shop as my first job, at a dry cleaners, for the 2000 Census, as a tutor, and as a home school teacher


7. Things most people don't know about me....
I'm very self-conscious about how I look. I always feel like I need to lose ten pounds and dress more fashionably. I hate my feet and my moles & freckles. I really like rap and hip-hop music. My absolute dream is to get married, have kids, raise them well, volunteer and be involved in a home church. I wish I didn't have to work, and I don't feel passionate about any career path. I sometimes doubt the truth of the entire Bible and the history of the world and religion, but I couldn't imagine life without faith in God and Jesus because I do really believe in their existence. I'm actually a snob and judgmental, but I try really hard not to be because I also really like people, and I'm desperate to have them like me. I wish I could dance really well- ballet, ballroom, latin and hip-hop. I wish I could sing really well too. I want to be vegetarian again, but I don't think I really will. I think that is a much revelation into myself that I want to provide now.

I tag Krista, Joa, Austin & Mrs. T!!! I have to tag them through MySpace blogs b/c I don't know anyone else with normal blogs.

No comments: