Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Human Race

I finished my first 10K. On Sunday, I took part in the Nike+ Human Race. According to them, I finished the race in 1 hour 14 minutes. Unfortunately, whoever planned the route had us go over a bridge about halfway through the race that was too small for the large crowd of people to cross. They tried to make room for the finishers to get through first while they gave those of us on our first lap a tiny path to file through. It brought the runners to a stand still and then a slow crawl as we made our way across the bridge. My guess is that it added 3-5 extra minutes to most people's times, which threw off New York's average finishing time compared to the rest of the world. I finished 170,909 in the world, out of 500,000+, and my roommate Mark who ran with me finished 1,415! A fun fact: Matthew Mcconaughey finished 6,826 with a time of 43'41.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

waaaaaaaaait... McConnaughy was there and he and I didn't hang out? Lame.

MarcB said...

lame about the bridge crossing but still a good time! nicely done