Thursday, August 28, 2008

New York City? - Outdoor Adventures

Since I started my new job, I've been able to really enjoy weekends. Last Saturday, two of my housemates and I went to the Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge. We had a quick stop first to drop off an old cable box and found a birdwatching nature trail nearby.
Dustin and I try to find some birds from this great vantage point.
Also on our way to the nature refuge we saw this amazing Starbucks. It has two floors with outdoor patios on both, a fireplace inside, and it overlooks a Venice-like canal. Amazing!

Once we got to the nature refuge, we were in awe of the beauty. We were still in the New York City limits, yet everywhere we looked we saw all kinds of plant life, birds and water.
Oh wait, there's Manhattan in the distance....
It was a great day trip. We even had dinner at an Olive Garden and didn't have to wait two hours (since it wasn't in Times Square). Yay for weekends!!!

No comments: