Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wedding and Honeymoon (lots of pics)

So, I'm married now, and I've got to say it's awesome so far. Michael and I don't feel like we've completely settled into married life yet because we're still at my mom's house in Scottsdale, but we love it all the same. We got back from our honeymoon on Friday night (the 29th), and we expected to leave on Monday or Tuesday. During our drive from Columbus to Scottsdale for the wedding, we were rear-ended in Albuquerque. We dropped the car off to get fixed and thought it would be done by the time we got back from Hawaii, but due to some issues with the repair and the insurance company, the work was not finished. Our new plan is to leave this coming Wednesday. It's worked out pretty well though because we've spent more time with family and friends here and had more time to pack up my remaining belongings from my mom's attic and closets. The funny part is, I'll be flying back here a week later (on the 17th) to be matron of honor in my best friend's wedding. Good thing I don't have a job yet!

So, here are some details and pics...

The Thursday before the wedding, my family came over to my mom's for a BBQ dinner.

We had our rehearsal dinner at Buca di Beppo in the Pope room. We had an excellent time, so I look forward to more family get-togethers in the future.

Wedding pictures!
with the wedding party
With this ring, I thee wed.
We went to Oahu for the honeymoon and stayed at the Waikiki Marriott. They upgraded our view to this:

We went snorkeling at Hanauma Bay and saw beautiful coral, loads of tropical fish, and a sea turtle!
We also went snorkeling at Shark's Cove where we also saw a sea turtle. The water was amazing, and we had a wonderful time.
Michael planned a horseback riding excursion at Kualoa Ranch, which was gorgeous!! They film parts of Lost here as well as other films and shows.
One of the big highlights was a luau at Paradise Cove. We got to play games, make our own leis, and go out in an outrigger canoe. We ate delicious Kalua pork and other Hawaiian classics like macaroni salad and coconut jello. The night culminated in a hula performance with a fire dancer.Did I mention it was at Paradise Cove?
With our extra time in Arizona, Michael I drove up the Grand Canyon since he had never been before.

We should be heading back to Columbus soon, and we're both looking forward to settling in. It was wonderful to see so many of our family and friends at the wedding. We truly had a wonderful time and thought the day could not have been more perfect. Thank you to everyone who helped make it happen!

2 comments:

Ljenks01 said...

I'm so blessed I got to be a part of it. You aren't even gone yet and I already miss you

The Owl Diary said...

Beautiful wedding pictures! Love your dress! So happy for you =]