Monday, October 19, 2009

Today's highlight

Subbing has been going really well. I get to read a lot, and I get to experience a variety of classrooms. This is the list so far:
- elementary music
- high school choir
- h.s. reading
- middle school math
- m.s. science
- kindergarten
- m.s. ESL
- h.s. family and consumer science
- h.s. band
- alternative school
- and m.s. art

It certainly is an eclectic mix. One great thing about working with the younger kids is hearing the funny things they say. In today's art class, the highlight for me had to be when I told a 6th grader that his paper mache spider looked really good. He replied, "Both my parents have PhDs in entomology." Then he went on to tell me their whole history: Harvard, Cornell, Madagascar, etc. He was so serious, and I just wanted to start laughing as he told me about some giant Rhino beetle or something they have hanging above their fireplace. It was great :)

No comments: