Monday, December 28, 2009

Climbing Camelback

It's hard to believe I ever thought it was really cold in Arizona. Having spent the last two winters in New York, and now living in Ohio, I've changed my mind about what equates cold. Whereas 60 degrees used to be cold to me, now the 40's are cold. I realize that I was never "freezing" in the low 50's in Phoenix. Silly me. Granted, Phoenix does get chilly at night, but I still spent most of our Christmas vacation joyously reveling in t-shirts and light sweaters. The weather proved perfect for a short hike up Camelback and then some rock climbing led by my very experienced brother.
Camelback Mountain

Austin explains the basics of belaying

getting ready to belay Austin as he leads the climb

repelling back down after making it to the top of Rain of Terror (5.7)

Beau starts his climb

Mike belays Beau

view of Phoenix from the mountain

No comments: