Monday, April 19, 2010

Waterlogged

The weather in Columbus lately has been beautiful. I absolutely adore the spring colors, the flowers, the blossoming trees. People always talk about how pretty autumn is, and I agree, but I think spring doesn't get enough credit. Perhaps it is because so many people are suffering from allergies that they have trouble appreciating the beauty surrounding them. I am sorry for those of you who are sufferering, but as I don't have any allergies, I am totally and completely loving spring. The sun, the warmth, the delicious smells and gorgeous sights of all the blooming life.

Of course, all this life needs to be watered. Here comes the rain. On Friday, there was a nice little April shower. Clouds moved in that morning, and when I got home after school, I was pretty sure that if I didn't lace up my running shoes and hit the pavement soon, I might be tempted to stay inside once the drops started falling. About five minutes into the run, I was being misted. It was actually kind of pleasant, but ten minutes later, I was in the middle of a torrential downpour. I could barely see and was 100% soaked through. As I headed home, I was a complete mess. I had one eye closed as water had gotten in and shifted my contact, and I looked like I had just jumped in a lake. Just as I rounded the corner of my street, the rain turned back to mist, naturally, but I was done for. Two and a half miles, and I probably had two and a half cups of water to squeeze out of my clothes and shoes. Despite all that, it really wasn't so bad except I think the water got into the Nike+ sensor in my shoe. It hasn't worked since, so I'm headed out today to get a new one. Note to self: Remove sensor before running in the rain.

1 comment:

MarcB said...

i love spring - unfortunately the water in AZ doesn't fall from the sky but a garden hose.