Friday, January 28, 2011

One Good Thing About Mornings

Depending on where I'm teaching on any given day, I wake up between 5:40 and 6:30am and leave the house between 6:30 and 7:30am respectively. Often on days when I leave at 6:30, Michael is still sleeping (or snoozing, really), and I feel a twinge of jealousy, though I would never want to trade jobs with him. On days like today, when I leave at 7:00, he is usually in bed but awake enough to talk to me as I finish getting ready. These are the mornings I like the best. (You may think I like the mornings when I don't have to leave until 7:30 the best, but those are the days I have to go to an elementary school, so no.) Usually we spend this time telling each other our dreams.  This morning I told him that I had a very adventurous dream that involved riding snowmobiles through an icy, craggy mountain. Then, he tells me that he had a dream that I was in a relationship with Harry Potter.

No comments: