Friday, January 13, 2012

Not All About the Baby

I have been wanting to blog for a couple weeks now, but I just could not seem to get my creative juices flowing. You see, I feel challenged. I do not want my blog, or my Facebook wall, or my life to be all-consumed with baby stuff just because I am pregnant. However, the thing about being pregnant is that it does tend to become the center of attention in your life. It tends to be the first thing people ask about when they see me or talk to me. It takes up a substantial amount of conversation time with my husband, friends, family, and co-workers. I don't really mind, but I also feel like I don't want it to be the only thing I talk about. I imagine it is not the most exciting thing in everyone's life just because it is in mine. In spite of the fact that it is the most exciting thing in my life, it is by no means the only thing going on. I am still reading (and not all baby books!), running, working, watching movies, playing games, going to church, traveling, leading a Lifegroup, etc. So why can't I seem to find anything to write about? I would love to write a post about our Christmas vacation in Arizona. I would love to write a post about the books I read in November and December. I would love to write a post about my New Year's resolutions. I just have not done it. Yet... I suppose it's never too late, so perhaps I will get to that this week. Then maybe I can tell you something else baby or pregnancy related and not feel too guilty about it.

1 comment:

Ljenks01 said...

I know that talking about the baby consumed me completely. I get it and I love hearing about your pg journey, including every tiny detail. It only lasts 5 more months so talk it up!!!