Monday, March 10, 2008

Daylight Savings Time & Tyra Banks


View Larger Map

There is a Starbucks just a block away from my house, but I choose to walk four and a half blocks to study and hang out at what I consider the best Starbucks in New York. The employees are what Starbucks employees are supposed to be like: cheerful, skillful, knowledgable, concerned about customers. There is a downstairs area with lots of tables and chairs, a couch and lounge chairs. I went there tonight and found out from one of the Barista's (a fellow West Coaster) that Tyra Banks had been there earlier that day! My Starbucks, and I missed it!

The other crazy thing that happened today was the time change. I stayed up late last night watching Grey's Anatomy. After one episode, I looked at the clock and saw 1:15am. I thought, I can watch another one, and it will only be around 2:00. When the second one was over, I saw the computer clock read 3:13am. I figured I must have read the clock wrong, but when I woke up and told my roommate about it, she let me know that last night at 2am, Daylight Savings kicked in. It wasn't my imagination or bad eyesight after all! Since I just moved to New York in August, this was my first "spring forward." Everyone made such a fuss in the fall, I was very aware of the time change then, but I totally missed that it was happening again. Good thing I didn't have anywhere to be this morning; I go to church in the evening ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our clocks in our house automatically changed to daylight savings so I was totally confused. Why do they wait until 2am to change?
Oh yeah, and Tyra Banks? That would have been awesome to get a picture with her.