Friday, March 28, 2008

Peep Wars

My friend Celia introduced me to this fabulous post-Easter tradition: Peep Wars. Celia, Laura and I went to the Target in the Bronx where the Easter candy was 50% off and took the last box of marshmallow Peeps. They were green, and we got them just in time. As we wandered the aisle, we heard two men searching for Peeps, but there were none left. :-)

We took the Peeps back to Laura's apartment where we each picked our own for battle. Each Peep got a lance (aka toothpick) for the fight. We paired off and set our battle-ready Peeps in the microwave for the face-off.
We set the microwave for 20 seconds and watched Peeps go around as they expanded. The first Peep to joust the other or knock it over was declared the winner.
Nancy's Peep won the first round against mine. Celia and Laura's Peeps battled, and Celia's won so it went on to battle Nancy's. Nancy's second Peep won the third round and was declared the final winner.

I think I will make this a regular part of my Easter festivities from now on. It was quite fun!

No comments: