Thursday, June 26, 2008

more running

I registered for my first 10K. The Nike+ Human Race is on August 31, 2008. It is unlike any other race, and boasts that a million people will be running it. There are 25 cities hosting race courses on the same day; additionally, people can race wherever they are via the Nike+ chip that tracks your running. My former roommate, one of my current roommates, and I are all registered and training together. I'm really excited. If this goes well, I might sign up for the Nike+ Women's half-marathon. Every finisher receives an exclusive key chain designed by Tiffany & Co and an official finishers t-shirt in the mail. It is another race where people can run wherever they want as long as they have the Nike+ sport kit.

Since moving in with five of my friends, I've been able to get four of them to start working out with me. Mark is the one who signed up for the 10K; he has run marathons before but hasn't run in a year and a half. Laura agreed to train for her first 5K- the Race for the Cure in September. And Celia and Sharn just join in for the benefits of exercise. With the four of them and my former roommate (who could barely run a mile when she moved in with me and ran 5 today when we went to the gym!), I have constant workout buddies, which is great for me because I love doing things with other people. Turning exercise into social events is getting me to be even more active. Yay!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! You will have so much fun running! Remember when you ran to the movie theater?