Monday, February 23, 2009

Hiccups cure

I know there are countless "remedies" out there for getting rid of hiccups, but the one that works for me every time is this:

I get someone to cover my ears tightly and I guzzle about 4-8oz. of water.

After that, my hiccups are gone. Unfortunately, it's a remedy that is nearly impossible to do alone. Also, I've tried covering my ears myself and having someone else help me drink the water, but that almost always ends up a mess. It's much better to handle the water yourself. It probably won't work for everyone, but you can add it to the list of things to try.

2 comments:

MarcB said...

i'll add it to the list.
maybe i could have someone else cover my ears and a third person handle the glass.
group effort!

Sharn said...

When I was younger (I don't remember the last time I had a long bout of hiccups) what worked was taking as many sips as your age. For example, if you are 20, take 20 sips of water. Cured!