Tuesday, February 23, 2010

7 Days

I signed up for a free week at Lifetime Fitness and have been trying to make the most of it. I went on Saturday for 4.8 mile run on the treadmill. On Sunday I went swimming for 10 minutes, rode the stationary bike for 30 min. and ran for 20 min. The gym is having an indoor Triathlon event (for the same times) that I won't be able to participate in as a non-member, so I thought I'd try it on my own. I really had fun and remembered how much I enjoy swimming. Today I ran another 5.3 miles on the treadmill and then took advantage of the hot tub and steam room to relax. It's a shame that the monthly fees are WAY beyond our budget. It really is a nice gym, and I only have two more days left to use it. The treadmill is nice for making quick and easy changes to my incline and pace, but it's monotonous for long runs. I know some people enjoy running in the rain, snow, and cold, but I think it would be nice to have treadmill access as a backup. I guess I'm not hard-core enough yet. Marathon training starts in six days. Maybe that will toughen me up.

No comments: