Thursday, April 28, 2011

Muddy Paws

They say April showers bring May flowers, but I say April showers bring muddy puppies. We're working really hard on teaching Polo not to run straight to the back of the yard where there is no grass aka the dirtiest, muddiest area. He does pretty well with the "just go potty" command, until he spies a squirrel or cat walking on the back fence. Then he takes off faster than we can shout "NO!" For this reason, we keep a ratty old towel ready at the back door for wiping his paws. Often times just wiping them off is not enough, and I have to take him up to the bathroom to get rinsed off. Fortunately, Polo actually likes this. I think he even knows it's coming because after I use the towel to dry him as best I can, he'll run upstairs and wait by the bathroom door. Maybe getting muddy is part of his evil plan to spend more time in the shower.
Waiting to be dried off

This photo doesn't really do justice to how muddy these paws really are

Ready for his rinse off. With the awesome shower attachment, I'm able to just get his legs and paws.

1 comment:

Lizzi B. said...

Aww, isn't he ADORABLE!? I always loved how muddy my dog got in the spring time, because it made my house just THAT much more fun(: