Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Weekends Away



Two weeks ago, three of my roommates (Dustin, Laura & Sharn) and I drove up to Connecticut. Dustin's girlfriend, Alden, goes to Yale, and her parents live in Madison, CT. We stayed with them in the house above. It was wonderful getting out of the city, and Connecticut is so beautiful, especially this time of year.

Alden's backyard has a creek running through it.

Alden took us to meet the horse she rides- Sienna. We fed her an apple, but we didn't get to ride her. She is a gorgeous horse!

Not only does Connecticut have adorable little towns, rolling green hills covered with trees, apple orchards and pumpkin patches, they even have beaches!

Then, this past weekend, two of my roommates (Celia and Dustin) and I drove down to Virginia (I'm sorry I don't have pictures). They are both from the state, so we stayed one night at each of their families' homes. We left Friday night after class and got to Celia's house a little before 1am. On Saturday, we explored Celia's old stomping ground, and her dad took us to lunch and Borders. Then we drove down to Charlottesville and toured around Dustin's alma mater- the University of Virginia (UVA). Saturday night we stayed at Dustin's. His parents own a small farmhouse on about six acres in Winchester, and they have two dogs, five cats and two horses. I really miss having pets, and I can't wait until Mike and I get a dog (or two or three). On Sunday, I got to ride a horse! I rode Missy while Dustin's mom rode Sarah. On our way back to the barn, Missy started running, which I was fine with until I saw the tree. Missy had clearance, but I ran right into the branches and got scraped up. I think I scared Dustin's dad more than anything. It was quite the adventure, and I would love to go back there every month if I could.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why does every part of the Northeast look like a painting/movie set?