Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Need Spring Break

When spring break rolled around in Arizona, the temperature was already in the 70's and 80's and the perpetually sunny skies were, well, sunny. To me, spring break was more about the break than about spring. It was a week off of school and responsibility, time to take a mini-vacation, catch up on stuff or veg in front of the television.

I now realize that spring break is for the rest of the country. People don't just flock to Cancun, Panama City Beach, and San Diego because they have a week off. They do it because so called "spring" looks like this:


my street

my office building

Madison Square Park

Monday morning, I woke up to a winter wonderland. What a way to start the month of March! Even though weather.com advised people in New York to stay indoors due to the extreme cold and the still falling snow, Dustin and I made our way to work and even took the time to capture the morning on his new camera.

2 comments:

MarcB said...

I would enjoy seeing some snow. I didn't get enough with my 1 visit to flagstaff.
It is unseasonably warm in arizona for only being march.

The Owl Diary said...

I love snow! I went to TN a the weekend before last and woke up to a white wonderland as well. I wish it snowed in the Valley, darn heat.