Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter 2009 (my 100th post!)

Life is getting pretty crazy. My capstone project is due on Monday, and I have to present my business plan on Tuesday night. The following Thursday I have a 15 page paper due analyzing the annual reports of a book retailer. I have to take the second Praxis teaching test on Saturday the 25th. I get a nice break from work that Saturday evening when I celebrate with my girlfriends who have planned a bachelorette bash for me. Then I have to finish my final assignment/presentation for my children's publishing class, which is basically a mini-capstone. I have to come up with an idea and business plan for a children's book imprint. That is due May 4th. Then, I'm packing up and moving out of the city on May 6th. It's all moving so fast.

One of the things I will miss when I move is my fabulous fellowship group. I've been leading a small group Bible study through my church (Redeemer Presbyterian) since September, and I really love everyone in the group so much. Once a month we have dinner at my house, and last week we included Peep Wars 2009. For those of you who have been reading my blog long enough, you may recall Peep Wars 2008. This (2009) was a great year as the bracket was expanded to 12 people. It was also great because I won!
A.V. and Sharn's Peeps face off in Round One.

The girls watch closely to see who the winner will be.

I took a much needed day off on Good Friday. Celia and I took took the bus down to DC to spend Easter weekend with her family in Northern Virginia. We attempted to work on capstone on Friday, but delicious Korean food kept distracting us. Laura came down on the train Friday night after work to join us. We spent Saturday touring around our nation's capital. The day started gray and rainy but turned beautiful and sunny.


I may not have gotten much work done, but I loved spending time with a family and reflecting on the meaning of Easter. Easter may be my favorite holiday. When I think about why I believe what I believe and why I have faith in God, Jesus and the Bible, it comes down to two things: lives that I have seen transformed by that same faith and the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you still manage to have a little fun with all of that craziness...Good luck with finishing everything!