Sunday, August 16, 2009

Columbus Crew

This week I read Literacy and Longing in L.A. by Jennifer Kaufman and Karen Mack. I picked it up from the library because the main character is a major bookworm, so I thought I could relate, but I really didn't like it. The characters were flat and/or underdeveloped and the plot just wasn't that interesting. I also read Stephen King's Misery though and loved it. Even though I typically prefer literary fiction over commercial fiction, I thought the book was better than just a suspenseful page-turner. It also had deeper, philosophical elements to it that I found intriguing. I'm also looking forward to renting the movie.

I had lunch with two of my new girlfriends on Friday at Mimi's, which was lovely. On Saturday Michael and I joined three other couples for a potluck dinner at one of their homes, and then we all went to a Columbus Crew (soccer) game. I had never been to a professional soccer game before and didn't think I would enjoy it, but I had a great time. Columbus doesn't save all its spirit for the Buckeyes, there was a great crowd cheering on the Crew to their 2-0 victory against FC Dallas.

our own Columbus crew after the game

No comments: