Sunday, August 9, 2009

Ohio State Fair

Michael and I went to the Ohio State Fair on Sunday. We saw a farm scene display carved out of butter- an impressive 1800 lbs. of butter!
We watched a comedian/magician performance, a retriever dog show, and pig races.




Despite all his talk, Michael didn't get any of the fried food he planned on trying (mac 'n cheese, mashed potatoes, pork chops). I did get deep-fried oreos though, which I've been meaning to try for a long time. They didn't live up to the hype, but they were pretty good. Seriously, what won't people batter and throw in a deep fryer? The afternoon was hot and sticky, and I couldn't wait to take a shower when we got home, but we had a great time while we were there. I'm glad I married someone who has the same aversion to stomach-churning rides that I do.

No comments: