Wednesday, January 16, 2008

1st time with American Idol


Though I've seen snippets of American Idol before, tonight was my first time watching an entire episode- fitting since it was the 2 hour season premiere. Katie and I went over to Becca's to watch it after $0.35 wing night at Native New Yorker. I've heard of the legendary Simon Cowell and how cruel he can be to the contestants, so I think someone either told him to tone it down, or the editors cut the harshest bits because I thought he seemed quite civil. Not warm, but not mean. The guy I felt most sorry for was this tall guy who sang very monotone and unintelligibly. Paula and Randy couldn't help laughing at him, and his eyes started to water. He really was terrible, but my heart went out to him. I can't stand the people who think they're great and then get angry when the judges tell them so; they freak out and yell and curse, and I think they deserve to be taken down a notch. The softies who cry though... I feel so bad for them and want the judges to let them down gently, which they pretty much did tonight. The last contestant was a sweet girl from Mesa, AZ who said she's never seen a rated R movie, so naturally I thought she must be Mormon, but Katie and Becca thought so too, so I didn't feel too bad about stereotyping. She made it to the next round, so I'll cheer for another Arizona girl. That is, if I keep watching, which I doubt I will. I already have too many shows to take up my time :-)

Today's funny quotes:
"How many poops have you eaten?" - Becca Martin
"I'm not joking you." - Becca Martin

2 comments:

R said...

Are you in AZ? LUCKY!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I expect a percentage for every dollar you make off of my quotes.