Thursday, January 24, 2008

R.I.P. Heath Ledger


You probably know by now, but two days ago on January 22, 2008, Heath Ledger was found dead in his apartment. He was only 28 and left behind daughter Matilda Rose Ledger (2yrs).


I was shocked and saddened by the news. Not that I wish it on them, but had it been Lindsay Lohan or Brittney Spears who died, I would not have been surprised. I did not expect this though. Heath hasn't been splashed all over the news for drug use or reckless behavior. He didn't look like the picture of bad health. So, I was just very taken aback. Someone said that Heath might be the River Phoenix of our generation, and perhaps its true. I have such fond memories of him in 10 Things I Hate About You, which is one of my favorite movies of that genre.

It may not be an Oscar-worthy role, but it was my favorite. He's been in many good flicks (Brokeback Mountain, The Patriot, A Knight's Tale), but 10 Things is by far the best in my book, with A Knight's Tale following a close second.

I don't know what else to say (since I didn't know him personally, I can only talk about his movies), but my heart and prayers go out to Heath's friends and family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, agreed. Very sad!

Katie Mae said...

Totally sad! I always say that I want to be rich, but not famous!!! Too much pressure!! Sadness!